|The classic comprehensive and authoritative textbook on bacterial molecular genetics.
• Features completely revised and updated material and retains same chapter order, incorporating the most recent advances in the field since publication of the third edition in 2007.
• Provides thought questions, problems, and suggested reading lists for each chapter that test student comprehension and encourage further research.
• Provides descriptive background information, examples of genetic analyses, and advanced material relevant to current applications of molecular genetics.
• While intended as an undergraduate textbook, it also serves as an invaluable text for anyone working in the fields of microbiology, genetics, biochemistry, bioengineering, medicine, molecular biology, and biotechnology.
• Also an essential reading for scientists in all fields of biology, many of whom depend upon the concepts and techniques covered in this book.